We are celebrating National Oatmeal Nut Waffle Day with this awesome recipe
Try this awesome waffle recipe on this National Oatmeal Nut Waffle Day. National Oatmeal Nut Waffles Day on March 11th celebrates a healthier version of the classic waffle. Whole grain oats and chopped nuts mixed into a waffle recipe is a delicious, healthy way to start your morning.
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Sliced fresh peaches, optional
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Combine eggs, milk, butter and honey; stir into dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in oats and nuts.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Garnish with peaches if desired. Yield: 8-10 waffles (about 6-3/4 inches).
1 serving (1 each) equals 332 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 353 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.