India’s CIMAP announces a photography contest on aromatic, medicinal plants: Here’s how to participate
India’s Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CIMAP) has recently announced a photography competition on medicinal and aromatic plants under the theme ‘Know your Medicinal and Aromatic Plants’ to convey the message of conservation of these medicinal plants.
The winners will be awarded cash prizes of Rs. 5000, Rs. 3000, and Rs. 2000 for first, second, and third prizes, respectively.
Also, there will be consolation prizes of Rs. 1000 each for another 10 entries.
Rules For Participation:
- The photography competition is open to all Indian amateur as well as professional photographers.
- For each entry, up to 3 photographs can be submitted.
- Indigenous plants are preferred and the images of very common horticulture/ornamental plants should be avoided.
- Each photograph must have accurate Latin & vernacular plant’s name and its medicinal and aromatic importance in around 20-30 words.
- Only the original digital images would be accepted.
- Digital image entries must not be less than 3 MB size having a minimum resolution of 300 dpi.
- The images should be in JPEG/TIFF format.
According to CIMAP, the winners will be chosen by judges nominated by the Director, CSIR-CIMAP, Lucknow.
It is to be noted that the last date of submission of the entries is June 30, 2020.