This Week in Energy News: 9 Stories You Need to See
A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy energy industry press releases from PR Newswire, including Chipotle’s new responsible restaurant design and GM’s investment in EnergyX.
NEW YORK, April 14, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the energy and natural resources industry stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- GM Leads $50 Million Funding Round in EnergyX to Unlock U.S.-Based Lithium Supply for Rapidly Scaling EV Production
EnergyX’s direct lithium extraction (DLE) technology portfolio can make lithium metal directly from brine and potentially in anode-ready form for EV batteries, which enables more cost-effective and sustainable lithium recovery to unlock a vast lithium supply chain in North America that may otherwise be unviable.
- Aderis Energy Announces the Launch of SunSpector: An Intelligent Weather Station with Advanced Data Logging and Energy Simulation Capabilities Colton Ward, Head of Business Development at Aderis Energy, said, “Our team has worked diligently to create a weather station that provides unparalleled data collection and analysis capabilities. With SunSpector, our customers can optimize their renewable energy systems and increase their return on investment.”
- BLUETTI Launches EP900 & B500 Home Battery System in the US to Hit a Milestone in Reaching Power Self-Sufficiency
Homeowners can simply integrate EP900 into the grid as an emergency backup power to get through blackouts, or combine EP900 with existing roof panels as a solar power storage system to reserve the surplus energy for night hours and even sell it back to the grid to make money.
- Chipotle Pilots New Responsible Restaurant Design Alongside Sustainability Campaign
The design is all electric, aims to maximize energy efficiency, and utilizes 100% renewable energy to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from energy used by the restaurants.
- bp starts oil production at Argos platform in the Gulf of Mexico
With a gross production capacity of up to 140,000 barrels of oil per day, Argos is bp’s fifth platform in the Gulf of Mexico and the first new bp-operated production facility in the region since 2008. The semi-submersible platform ultimately will increase bp’s gross operated production capacity in the Gulf of Mexico by an estimated 20%.
- Toyota North America on Path to Achieve 100% Renewable Energy for Michigan Operations Through DTE Energy’s MIGreenPower Program
Toyota’s participation puts all of TMNA’s Research and Development operations in Michigan on a path to attribute 100% of their electricity use to renewable energy projects starting in 2026. This includes the company’s R&D Headquarters in Ann Arbor along with six other facilities across Washtenaw County.
- 2023 Restaurant Resilience Grants Soon to be Available for Central and Southern California Independent Restaurants
The Fund will open April 15 to May 7, making $5,000 grants available to 177 restaurants in SoCalGas’ service area. The grants will go towards technology adoption, equipment upgrades, employee onboarding and retention, or unforeseen hardships.
- Longroad Energy’s 108 MWdc Foxhound Solar Project to be Acquired by Dominion Energy
Foxhound, located in Halifax County, Virginia, has reached full notice to proceed and has begun construction. The project has been in development for six years and will produce enough clean energy to power more than 17,000 homes.
- ABB E-mobility earns EPA’s ENERGY STAR® certification for DC fast chargers This listing assures EV infrastructure site owners and operators that their charging equipment will meet ENERGY STAR program requirements – from public to fleet charging needs – in a wide range of power options.
Read more of the latest energy-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNenergy on Twitter.
In addition to these popular releases, several must-read earnings reports crossed the wire this week, including the quarterly results for New Gold Inc. and CBAK Energy Technology, Inc.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-energy-news-9-stories-you-need-to-see-301797195.html
SOURCE PR Newswire
Disclaimer: The above press release comes to you under an arrangement with PR Newswire. Agrigate Global takes no editorial responsibility for the same.