This Week in Energy News: 11 Stories You Need to See
A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy energy industry press releases from PR Newswire, including training for clean energy jobs and EE North America’s expanding solar pipeline.
NEW YORK, May 5, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the energy and natural resources industry stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Classes Begin at New Green Job Training Center in Chicago
The Sustainability Hub is providing comprehensive job training and employment opportunities to local Illinois job seekers eager to start a career in the clean energy economy. Over the next ten years, the program will train 10,000+ residents, focusing on Veterans, Returning Citizens and high school educated residents from underserved communities.
- Circle K installs first ABB E-mobility 180 kW public DC fast chargers made in the U.S.
This site is the first to be equipped with ABB E-mobility’s U.S. manufactured Terra 184 DC fast chargers, and is part of Circle K’s 200 announced sites for North America
- DuPont to Acquire Spectrum Plastics Group from AEA Investors
This strengthens DuPont’s position in fast-growing, low cyclicality healthcare markets. Following the acquisition, approximately 10% of DuPont’s consolidated revenue will come from healthcare.
- EE North America Expands U.S. Renewable Energy Footprint, Adding 700MW Through Acquisition of Colorado Solar Projects
The joint venture with Horus Energy adds 700MW to EE North America’s existing solar pipeline under development, bringing it to a total of 2.5GW among Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, and Colorado, and marks a significant step toward the company’s ambitious goal of developing 10GW of renewable energy in the United States by 2026.
- PGE bolsters reliability of clean energy transition with region’s largest battery storage addition
These projects will store enough electricity to power all PGE customer homes in a city the size of Portland for an entire evening on battery-delivered energy alone.
- SimpliSafe® Partners with Lumio to Bring Comprehensive Home Security Solutions and Premium Solar Products to Homeowners
The partnership marks SimpliSafe’s first in the solar energy industry as the company continues to find ways to reach homeowners in need of home protection while helping to advance clean energy adoption.
- FreeWire Introduces Incentive Evaluation Service to Help Site Hosts Capitalize on Available Funding Opportunities for EV Charging
The service offers batch site qualification analysis for the National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure (NEVI) eligibility, the Energy Storage Investment Tax Credit, the EV Charging Investment Tax Credit, and State and Utility rebates and incentives, among others.
- Peregrine Analytics launches PeregrineIQ, the inaugural AI-powered solution to aid energy companies in their mission to decarbonize
Peregrine Analytics’ cutting-edge solution leverages AI and machine learning to deliver near real-time insights into asphaltene (a complicated organic compound in crude oil) behavior, which streamlines the transition to cleaner and more sustainable energy sources.
- Ballard Power Systems announces order for 3.6 MW of fuel cells for zero emission stationary power
Ballard’s fuel cell systems will be integrated into stationary power units which provide zero-emission power for a range of applications, including construction sites, EV charging stations, and data centers.
- As Severe Weather Leaves Millions Without Power, RUNHOOD Provides Clean Energy Alternative
RUNHOOD’s groundbreaking and award-winning design with removable, external batteries offers features that other battery-powered stations simply do not have, making it uniquely valuable to have at home when the weather is at its worst. The batteries can be swapped out on-the-go while using the power station.
- Great Lakes Clean Hydrogen Hub Coalition Submits Application for DOE Funding
GLCH’s full application details a $2 billion plan to create a clean hydrogen hub to serve Ohio, Michigan, and portions of Pennsylvania and Indiana. The proposed hub will use carbon-free nuclear power to produce clean hydrogen at a competitive cost.
Read more of the latest energy-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNenergy on Twitter.
In addition to these popular releases, several must-read earnings reports crossed the wire this week, including the quarterly results for SunPower, Sunoco LP, and ONE Gas.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-energy-news-11-stories-you-need-to-see-301816631.html
SOURCE PR Newswire
Disclaimer: The above press release comes to you under an arrangement with PR Newswire. Agrigate Global takes no editorial responsibility for the same.