The Quebec Beverage Container Recycling Association Appoints its Board of Directors
MONTREAL, Dec. 16, 2022 /CNW Telbec/ – The Quebec Beverage Container Recycling Association (QBCRA), the organization designated by RECYC-QUÉBEC to implement the expansion and modernization of the deposit system, is pleased to announce the formation of its board of directors.
The QBCRA will be responsible for establishing and implementing a modernized deposit system for 100 ml to 2 L ready-to-drink beverage containers, in plastic, glass and aluminum across the province by the end of 2023. The goal is to recover and recycle approximately 4.5 billion containers yearly.
"The Board of Directors of the Quebec Beverage Container Recycling Association is comprised of experienced administrators representing the entire industry. Together, they will unite their efforts to support the QBCRA management in the implementation of an expanded and modernized deposit system that is efficient and accessible throughout Quebec," said Normand Bisson, acting President and CEO of the QBCRA at the close of the first meeting.
The 14 directors who serve on the QBCRA Board of Directors are:
- Ms. Marie-Josée Amyot, Vice President Finance, Naya Waters
- Mr. Jean Bigaouette, Vice President of Purchasing, Agropur
- Mr. Patrick Charbonneau, Vice President Sales and distribution, Canada, Pepsico
- Mr. Robert Delisle, Director of Operations, Eastern Canada, Coca-Cola Canada
- Ms. Édith Filion, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Société des alcools du Québec (SAQ)
- Mme Caroline Lavoie, Regional Director of Government and Industry Relations, Quebec and Atlantic, Arterra Wines Canada
- M. Michel McArthur, Vice president of Operations, Eska
- M. Alain Ménard, Vice President Business Development and Commercial Relations, Affiliate Merchants, Sobeys
- Ms. Marie-Ève Myrand, Executive Director, Association des microbrasseries du Québec (Quebec Microbreweries Association)
- Mr. Martin-Pierre Pelletier, Representative, Alex Coulombe
- Mr. Philippe Roy, General Manager, Quebec Brewers Association
- Ms. Cynthia Shanks, Senior Director of Communications and Sustainability, Keurig Dr Pepper Canada
- Ms. Amélie Toupin, Senior Director of Sales Operations and Government Affairs, Sleeman Breweries
- Ms. Annick Van Campenhout, Vice President Food Progress and Sustainable Development, Conseil de la transformation alimentaire du Québec (Food Processing Council of Quebec)
The Quebec Beverage Container Recycling Association (QBCRA) was created by the producers of beverages distributed in containers in Quebec. It was designated as the deposit system management organization by RECYC-QUÉBEC on October 24, 2022. Its mandate is to develop and manage the deposit system for beverage containers according to the principle of Extended producers’ responsibility (EPR). The obligations of the AQRCB arise from the Regulation for the development, implementation and financial support of a deposit system for certain containers enacted in June 2022. For more information, visit www.onconsigne.ca and www.aqrcb.org.
SOURCE Quebec Beverage Container Recycling Association (QBCRA)
Disclaimer: The above press release comes to you under an arrangement with PR Newswire. Agrigate Global takes no editorial responsibility for the same.