Singapore GreenTech Challenge 2023 winners set to accelerate development and global adoption of innovative sustainability solutions
SINGAPORE, June 28, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Evercomm, WeavAir and ReClimate have been announced as the winners of the Singapore GreenTech Challenge 2023, a collaboration between Microsoft, Singapore’s Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA), and SGTech. Each winner will receive up to USD$350,000 in benefits and will be onboarded to the Microsoft Independent Software Vendor (ISV) Success Program, where they will be recognized as Microsoft ISV partners.
The announcement was made at Microsoft’s inaugural Action for Sustainable Innovation event, which focused on taking action for sustainability through innovation and action to create a positive impact on the environment. In addition to a panel featuring the Monetary Authority of Singapore, as well as Climate Impact X, the session also featured innovation to drive meaningful climate impact from Microsoft and its partners, across the Microsoft Cloud.
Designed to accelerate the development and adoption of innovative sustainability solutions in Singapore, the Singapore GreenTech Challenge 2023 aims to help the nation progress towards its goal of achieving net-zero emissions by 2050.
The challenge, which reached over 3 million people and received 32 entries, unearthed new solutions for organizations to set and track sustainability targets, identify, and transition to renewable energy sources, and create, buy and sell tradeable carbon assets.
“As a platform for innovation, working with partners and local innovators is a step towards offering more solutions to address some of the most urgent sustainability challenges of our time. I’m confident that their meaningful contributions through sustainable innovation will play a pivotal role in our efforts to build a resilient, sustainable, and digitally inclusive Singapore,” said Ms. Lee Hui Li, Singapore Managing Director, Microsoft.
The winners of each category are as follows:
- Setting and tracking sustainability targets – Evercomm
– Evercomm assists businesses in managing energy as a strategic resource, tightly integrated with their production processes. Their world-first digital assurance platform, NXMap, serves as a carbon inventory and accounting tool, aligned with the ISO 14064-1 Standard and the GHG protocol to accurately calculate carbon emissions. With products such as NXOps and NXMap, Evercomm enables businesses to automate carbon footprint calculations down to the activity level. By integrating and standardizing various types of sustainability data, including dynamic and static environmental data, Evercomm empowers businesses to set and track progress towards their sustainability goals and guides them in their journey. Evercomm is an IMDA accredited company.
- Identifying and transitioning to renewable energy sources – WeavAir
– WeavAir offers real-time high accuracy emissions and offset analysis enabled by satellite and IoT networks. WeavAir’s competitive advantage is in their unique real-time data source and collection. Their IP includes satellite imaging with proprietary access to satellite imagery from NASA. Analytics benchmarking indicators tracked by Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), UN SDGs, Singapore Exchange (SGX), Sustainability Linked Loans Principles (SLLP). Solutions that will help businesses identify renewable energy sources (e.g., solar, wind, hydro or low-carbon hydrogen) for potential use as they reduce carbon emissions.
- Create, buy, and sell tradeable carbon assets – ReClimate
– Reclimate’s digital platform helps projects earn additional revenue from carbon credits and energy attribute certificates with minimal effort and upfront costs. With a focus on decarbonization in the EV and Renewable energy industry, Reclimate offers digital measurement, reporting, and verification, automating the matching of projects with financial institutions and investors to determine their eligibility for green financing options and other incentives.
“We are encouraged to see so many innovative tech solutions that will help power Singapore’s efforts as a leading digital sustainability hub in the region. Congratulations to all winners and participants in this year’s Singapore GreenTech Challenge, for the exciting proposals that carry the potential to achieve Singapore’s sustainability vision. IMDA will continue to work with our local businesses and industry leaders such as Microsoft, to accelerate this green future,” said Mr Justin Ang, Assistant Chief Executive of Singapore’s Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA).
“The Singapore GreenTech Challenge 2023 has unveiled an array of exceptional solutions to advance sustainability efforts. Evercomm, WeavAir, and ReClimate have distinguished themselves with their innovative approaches, demonstrating the transformative power of technology in driving sustainability. We congratulate the winners and anticipate the positive difference they will make in Singapore’s journey towards a greener future,” said Ms. Yean Cheong, Executive Director, SGTech.
The Singapore GreenTech Challenge 2023 was organized by Microsoft, IMDA, and SGTech with the aim of fostering collaboration and co-innovation between emerging eco-tech solution providers and corporates to develop practical, scalable, and implementable business solutions that can effectively address the most pressing sustainability issues of our time.
By deepening its ecosystem of partnerships across both the public and private sector, Microsoft is committed to enabling companies to reduce their environmental impact, create new value through growth and prosperity, as we empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT” @microsoft) enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge. Its mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
The Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) leads Singapore’s digital transformation by developing a vibrant digital economy and an inclusive digital society. As Architects of Singapore’s Digital Future, we foster growth in Infocomm Technology and Media sectors in concert with progressive regulations, harnessing frontier technologies, and developing local talent and digital infrastructure ecosystems to establish Singapore as a digital metropolis.
SGTech is the leading trade association for Singapore’s tech industry. Representing over 1,000 member companies ranging from top multinational corporations, large local enterprises, vibrant small and medium-sized enterprises, and innovative startups, it is the largest community in Singapore where companies converge to advocate for change and drive what enables tech innovation and accelerate tech adoption to spur greater sustainability in the sector. SGTech’s mission is to catalyse a thriving ecosystem that powers Singapore as a global tech powerhouse.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/apac/news-releases/singapore-greentech-challenge-2023-winners-set-to-accelerate-development-and-global-adoption-of-innovative-sustainability-solutions-301865500.html
SOURCE Microsoft Singapore
Disclaimer: The above press release comes to you under an arrangement with PR Newswire. Agrigate Global takes no editorial responsibility for the same.