NYECC Announces 2021 Energy New York Award Recipients for Vision, Innovation and Leadership in Energy
NEW YORK, June 24, 2021 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ — The New York Energy Consumers Council (NYECC), one of the largest energy customer advocacy organizations representing large energy users in New York State, today announced its 2021 Energy New York Awards (ENYA) recipients. The ENYA honors organizations and individuals who demonstrate exceptional leadership and innovation in smart energy use and conservation, and whose work has impact beyond their individual buildings or sites. Ruth Kent, Managing Partner, Brookfield Asset Management served as Keynote Speaker at the event.
- Brookfield Place received an Innovation award for its success in the challenging replacement of one of the largest and most complex Chiller Plants in NYC, completed in 6 months with zero downtime and achieving 5MW permanent peak power reduction.
- Christine Flaherty, SVP, NYC Health & Hospitals, received a Leadership award. Partnering with industry and City and State agencies, Christine ensured adequate bed capacity and resources for COVID patients, while balancing the challenges of increased ventilation needs with reducing the generation of greenhouse gases.
- RXR Realty received an Innovation award for the creation of RxWell, a comprehensive, data-driven program to give their occupants the tools and peace of mind to be safe throughout the COVID pandemic and beyond.
The new ENYA Award for Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI), for those who demonstrate an inspiring level of leadership to drive greater justice, equity, diversity and inclusion in the world of New York City real estate/energy was awarded to:
- Elizabeth Velez, President, the Velez Organization, serves on the advisory boards of numerous NYC and NYS agencies, industry non-profits, and groups supporting mentorship and scholarships for youth, and is an outspoken advocate for diversity and empowerment of women.
- John Rice, President and Principal, Legacy Engineers, a consulting engineering firm launched with a mission to become a national, best-in-class, MBE firm that will respond to the demand in the market for inclusion of minority -owned firms on engineering and construction projects.
Diana Sweeney, Executive Director, NYECC noted, “Our ENYA honorees are leaders who have made a significant, positive impact on energy, sustainability and the environment in NYC. Our JEDI awardees will be welcomed to share their leadership practices and exemplary contributions to society with the NYECC for the purpose of fostering greater collaboration and societal impact.”
JPMorgan Chase & Co. was the Platinum Sponsor for the event.
About The New York Energy Consumers Council (NYECC)
The New York Energy Consumers Council represents the interests of an ever-expanding spectrum of major energy users in New York City and Westchester County in order to realize a sustainable, environmentally responsible and equitable energy future for the region that provides for safe and reliable generation, transmission and delivery of energy the lowest possible price for our members. The NYECC advocates for its members through ongoing interventions in regulatory, legislative, executive and judicial arenas.
Ben Wallack, New York Energy Consumers Council, +1 5162639241, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE New York Energy Consumers Council
Disclaimer: The above press release comes to you under an arrangement with PR Newswire. Agrigate Global takes no editorial responsibility for the same.