Global Indoor Farming Systems Technology Advances Research Report 2023: Agricultural Photovoltaics to Reduce Environmental Impact Gaining Traction
Dublin, Sept. 26, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “Technology Advances in Indoor Farming Systems” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This comprehensive study delves into the realm of technological advances in indoor farming systems, exploring a myriad of crucial facets within this burgeoning field. It encompasses a thorough examination of indoor farming technologies, prevailing trends, and the pivotal factors propelling the development and adoption of diverse farming systems.
The world is experiencing unrelenting trends in population growth, decreasing water supply, urbanization, and climate change, all of which contribute to dwindling arable land stock. The United Nations (UN) Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) estimates that the global population will reach 9.7 billion by 2050 and exceed 11 billion by 2100.
To achieve food security, global food production will need to increase by up to 70% in the next 30 years. Today, unprecedented circumstances such as geopolitical tensions and pandemics are causing supply chain disruptions, limiting people’s access to food in certain areas, particularly in countries that are already suffering from high levels of food insecurity.
Globally, the consensus is that agriculture must adopt more effective resource utilization methods, those that require less water and chemicals to produce crops with high yields. New farming technologies, such as indoor farming, provide an excellent way to meet these challenges. Indoor farming could increase crop (including fish) production substantially while decreasing the size of agriculture’s environmental footprint.
The shift to indoor farming would create access to a clean and green source of food, improve the nutritive value of food, lower transportation costs, and ameliorate food shelf-life as well as pests, droughts, and bio-security issues. Indoor farming incorporates advanced farming techniques classified as controlled environment agriculture (CEA) that comprises technologies to optimize growing conditions for plants.
CEA regulates variables such as temperature, lighting, and humidity, allowing farmers to grow plants that would otherwise be impossible in certain climatic and weather conditions. These advanced farming techniques have the potential to significantly increase crop yield while optimizing resource utilization.
Additionally, the report delves into the intricate patent landscape surrounding indoor farming, shedding light on the growth opportunities that facilitate the advancement and widespread acceptance of these innovative agricultural practices. Furthermore, it provides insights into the key stakeholders actively participating in the dynamic landscape of indoor farming, offering a holistic perspective on this transformative domain.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Strategic Imperatives
- Why Is It Increasingly Difficult to Grow? The Strategic Imperative
- The Strategic Imperative
- The Impact of the Top 3 Strategic Imperatives on the Indoor Farming Industry
- Growth Opportunities Fuel the Growth Pipeline Engine
- Research Methodology
2. Growth Opportunity Analysis
- Key Factors Influencing Technological Advancements and Innovations in Modern Farming
- Indoor Farming Solves Key Challenges Associated with Conventional Farming
- Indoor Farming is Emerging as an Alternative to Traditional Farming and Is Reshaping the Future of Agriculture
- Indoor Farming Growing Systems Are Incorporating Unique Features to Produce Crops in Controlled Environments
- Indoor Farming Growing Systems Offer Growers Food Production Flexibility
- Growth Drivers
- Growth Restraints
- Scope of Analysis
3. Technology Analysis
- Improved Efficiency of CEA Is Gaining Popularity among Indoor Farmers
- Indoor Farming Optimizes Water Usage for Operations in Any Environment
- Bubbleponics Is Emerging as a New Growing System Preference among Farmers
- The Development of Various Growing Media Helps Growers Choose the Right Type for Targeted Operations
- North America and Europe are Making Notable Efforts to Advance Vertical Indoor Farming
- Indoor Farming Adoption Trends Are Accelerating across Asia-Pacific and the Rest of the World
4. Innovation Ecosystem
- Coco Coir Is Becoming a Preferred Growing Medium among Indoor Farmers
- Companies Are Innovating Unique Growing Media for Improved Yield
- Advancement of LEDs Is Catalyzing the Development of Indoor Farming
- Automation Will Make Indoor Farms Smarter
- IoT’s Emergence Is Enhancing Connectivity in Indoor Farming Activities
- The Growth of Indoor Farms Is Driving Businesses to Introduce Advanced Infrastructure Setups
- Companies across Geographies Are Offering Contemporary Infrastructure Setups for Easy Installation and Effective Functioning
- Automated Systems Are Incorporating Advanced Technologies for CEA
- Aeroponics Growing Systems Are Finding Adoption among Indoor Growers
- The Indoor Farming Ecosystem Is Seeing Various Partnerships and Collaborations across Geographies
- Government Offices Are Allying with International Players to Address Local Food Requirements
- Indoor Farming Is Leading to R&D Initiatives from Academic and Business Entities to Make It More Effective and Efficient
- Government Investments, University Inventions, and Established Businesses Are Accelerating Indoor Farming
- The Rise of Start-ups and More Investment in Sustainable and Local Food Production Are Contributing to Profitability and Recognition
- Venture Capital Funding Is Emerging as the Most Preferred Investment Instrument toward Indoor Farming
- Various Companies Are Transforming Indoor Farming to Address Local Food Requirements
- Businesses Are Considering Indoor Farms to Produce Food in Urban Settings
5. Patent Analysis
- United States Is Filing the Most Patents to Advance Indoor Farming Technologies
- Businesses Are Actively Involved in Patent Activities to Establish the Uniqueness of their Indoor Farming Techniques
6. Growth Opportunity Universe
- Growth Opportunity 1: Introduction of Agricultural Photovoltaics to Reduce Environmental Impact
- Growth Opportunity 2: Indoor Cultivation of Herbs and Specialties for Nutraceuticals
- Growth Opportunity 3: Accelerating Regenerative Farming with CEA
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/dqb0rc
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
CONTACT: CONTACT: ResearchAndMarkets.com Laura Wood,Senior Press Manager [email protected] For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Disclaimer: The above press release comes to you under an arrangement with GlobeNewswire. Agrigate Global takes no editorial responsibility for the same.