Global Desalination Technologies Strategic Business Report 2023: Nuclear Desalination on Rise Despite Concerns over Safety of Nuclear Power
DUBLIN, March 14, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — The “Desalination Technologies: Global Strategic Business Report” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global market for Desalination Technologies estimated at US$15.2 Billion in the year 2022, is projected to reach a revised size of US$33.8 Billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 10.5% over the analysis period 2022-2030.
Reverse Osmosis (RO), one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to record a 11.7% CAGR and reach US$21.1 Billion by the end of the analysis period.
Taking into account the ongoing post pandemic recovery, growth in the Multi-Stage Flash (MSF) segment is readjusted to a revised 9.5% CAGR for the next 8-year period.
The U.S. Market is Estimated at $1.8 Billion, While China is Forecast to Grow at 11.4% CAGR
The Desalination Technologies market in the U.S. is estimated at US$1.8 Billion in the year 2022. China, the world’s second largest economy, is forecast to reach a projected market size of US$3.6 Billion by the year 2030 trailing a CAGR of 11.4% over the analysis period 2022 to 2030.
Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 7.9% and 7.6% respectively over the 2022-2030 period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 5.7% CAGR. Led by countries such as Australia, India, and South Korea, the market in Asia-Pacific is forecast to reach US$4.2 Billion by the year 2030.
Select Competitors (Total 63 Featured) –
- Abengoa SA
- ACCIONA SA
- Aqualyng AS
- Danfoss A/S
- Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction Co Ltd
- Dow Water & Process Solutions
- Evoqua Water Technologies LLC
- FISIA ITALIMPIANTI S.p.A
- H2O Innovation
- Hyflux Limited
- IDE Technologies Ltd.
- John Holland
- Koch Membrane Systems, Inc.
- Suez SA
- Tianjin MOTIMO Membrane Technology Co., Ltd.
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- Toyobo Co., Ltd.
- Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies SA
- Xylem, Inc.
What`s New for 2023?
- Special coverage on Russia–Ukraine war; global inflation; easing of zero-Covid policy in China and its `bumpy` reopening; supply chain disruptions, global trade tensions; and risk of recession.
- Global competitiveness and key competitor percentage market shares
- Market presence across multiple geographies – Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial
- Online interactive peer-to-peer collaborative bespoke updates
- Access to digital archives and Research Platform
- Complimentary updates for one year
No. of Pages
2022 – 2030
Estimated Market Value (USD) in 2022
Forecasted Market Value (USD) by 2030
Compound Annual Growth Rate
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Influencer Market Insights
- World Market Trajectories
- Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic and Looming Global Recession
- Desalination: Technology Primer
- Thermal Desalination
- Membrane Desalination Technology
- Water: The Essence of Life
- World Water Resources: A Primer
- World Water Resources: Percentage Breakdown by Water Quality
- Global Water Consumption by End-Use Sector (in %)
- World Fresh Water Resources: Percentage Breakdown by Sources of Fresh Water
- Internal Water Resource Per Capita Ranked by Country – US, France, China, Germany, India, Netherlands and Saudi Arabia (in Cubic Meters)
- Global Groundwater Resources by Region (In Cubic Kilometers)
- Looming Global Water Crisis Unfolds an Opportunity for Desalination Technologies
- The Middle East: The Largest Region for Desalination
- Desalination by Reverse Osmosis: A Dominant Technology
- Energy Required by Desalination Technology (in KWh/m3)
- The Business Case for Water Desalination
- Global Annual Desalination Capacity: 2000-2030 (in Million m3/d)
- Global Installed Desalination Capacity by End-Use: 2017
- Brackish Groundwater Desalination Grows in Demand
- Global Installed Desalination Capacity by Source
- Expensive Water Infrastructure Drives Interest in Desalination as an Attractive Alternative
- Desalination Technologies – Global Key Competitors Percentage Market Share in 2022 (E)
- Competitive Market Presence – Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial for Players Worldwide in 2022 (E)
- Recent Market Activity
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Technology Improvements Focus on Sustainability and Energy Efficiency
- Continuous Improvements in Graphene-Based Membranes
- Solvent Extraction Method: An Alternative Desalination Technology
- Wave Powered Desalination Systems
- Digital twin (DT) modelling Gains Spotlight Amid the Pandemic
- Capacitive Deionization Technology for Desalination of Saltwater
- Carbon Nanotubes Facilitate Efficient Desalination
- ACCIONA Develops New Technologies for Desalination
- Forward Osmosis Finds Increasing Interest
- Researchers Develop Technology for Making RO Membranes with Controlled Thickness
- Innovations in Brackish Water Desalination: Focus on Reducing Brine Production and Increasing Freshwater Recovery
- Researchers Develop Economical Saltwater Desalination Process
- Machine Learning Unleashes Promise in Energy Optimization in Desalination Processes
- Environmental Concerns Drive Interest in Renewable Energy Based Desalination
- Solar Desalination to Gain from Increasing Investments in Solar Energy
- Top 10 Countries Worldwide by Cumulative PV Installed Capacity in GW (2019)
- Solar-Thermal Desalination: Harnessing Solar Energy for Desalination
- Developments in Renewable Energy Storage to Drive Wind Energy Based Desalination
- Nuclear Desalination on Rise Despite Concerns over Safety of Nuclear Power
- Continuous Technology Evolution to Drive Down Prices of Desalination Technologies
- Co-Generation Strategies to Reduce Desalination Costs
- Nanotechnology Enabled Innovations to Support Market Growth
- Hybrid Desalination Plants: An Explored Area
- Growing Interest in Hydroponic Agriculture to Drive Adoption of Desalination
- Global Hydroponics Market in US$ Million: 2016-2024
- Key Issues Facing Desalination Technologies Market
- Engineering Challenges
- Environmental Concerns
- Threat to Aquatic Life
- Increased Salinity Levels
- Increased Water Temperature
- Lowering of Oxygen Content in Water
- Green House Emissions
- Water Contamination
- Heavy Metal Contamination
- Other Challenges Impeding Growth
- Macro Growth Drivers
- Economic Activity in Water Scarce Regions Drives Growth
- Surging Population Spurs Interest in Water Desalination
- World Population (in Thousands) by Geographic Region for the Years 2019, 2030, 2050, 2100
- Rapid Urbanization Aggravates Water Woes & Powers Demand for Desalination
- World Urban Population in Thousands: 1950-2050P
- Degree of Urbanization Worldwide: Urban Population as a % of Total Population by Geographic Region for the Years 1950, 1970, 1990, 2018, 2030 and 2050
- Rising Affluence Primes Desalination Market for Growth
- Rapid Growth in Power Generation Offers Ample Opportunity for Growth
- World Fresh water Withdrawals for Power Generation – Percentage Breakdown by Amount of Water Withdrawn for Power Plant Cooling by Leading Economies
- Increasing Manufacturing Activity Spurs Interest in Desalination
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/vicpf6
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-desalination-technologies-strategic-business-report-2023-nuclear-desalination-on-rise-despite-concerns-over-safety-of-nuclear-power-301772128.html
SOURCE Research and Markets
Disclaimer: The above press release comes to you under an arrangement with PR Newswire. Agrigate Global takes no editorial responsibility for the same.