Berylls Strategy Advisors Highlights Critical Areas for Successful EV Launches
DETROIT, Dec. 6, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — More than 160 electric vehicle launches are predicted to take place in 2022. Berylls Strategy Advisors, a global management consulting firm fully focused on the automobility industry, today issued a thought leadership paper, “Ramp Up Excellence: How Can OEMs and Suppliers Master E-Mobility Launches?” The paper highlights four major challenges and proposed solutions as to how OEMs and suppliers should work to mitigate risks that could negatively impact these critical EV programs.
The typical launch challenges include:
- Complex project management and leadership
- Lacking collaboration culture under pressure
- Handling of supplier capability gaps
- Risk of sticking with old development and launch methodologies
“To meet the projections they’ve committed to, OEMs must execute flawless launches. Therefore, industry players must combine the two worlds of hardware and software to efficiently develop and produce key components for these new vehicles,” said Martin French, Berylls U.S. managing director.
To master production ramp-ups in the future, OEMs and suppliers must:
- Ensure product maturity in an environment of dynamic change, leveraging virtualization to increase efficiency.
- Establish preventive supplier management systems for suppliers of complex e-mobility components at risk.
- Increase control over critical elements of the supply chain to mitigate risks of supply limitations
Simultaneously, it is imperative to prepare for efficient and robust E/E and software development by securing software and system integration following appropriate standards (ASPICE) and development approaches (V-model); building up E/E and software competences in global teams in the right locations to ensure effective project management; and developing the right structures to boost E/E maturity supported by central organizations for launch excellence.
This is the first in a three-part series on operations excellence that Berylls will issue addressing the biggest hurdles facing the automotive industry. To download the paper, visit https://bit.ly/3DFgEvT or contact Berylls U.S. at [email protected].
ABOUT BERYLLS GROUP
The Berylls Group’s services are fully dedicated to the automotive industry. Our global experts understand the industry’s key challenges and are developing ways to achieve sustainable success in the automobility eco system. Our professionals, using innovative & digital strategies are networking across our four specialized units to offer our clients end-to-end support, from strategy development to implementation. The Berylls Quartet:
- Berylls Strategy Advisors – Our top management consultants’ expertise extends across the complete value chain of automobility – from long-term strategic planning to operational performance improvements. The team has broad experience in automotive thought leadership, profound industry knowledge, innovative problem-solving competence, and entrepreneurial thinking.
- Berylls Digital Ventures –The development of digital products and the implementation of new business models are increasingly required to drive the realization of our clients’ strategic concepts. The BDV team works with clients end-to-end, investing in promising startups and bringing digital, turn-key ready solutions to market.
- Berylls Mad Media – These experts develop and operate tailored solutions, including data-driven marketing, integrated service designs and IT architectures. We strengthen customer loyalty, market exploitation, and profitability – taking vehicles and services to market digitally.
- Berylls Equity Partners – is a private investment company, supported by strong anchor investors and pursuing an entrepreneurial approach. We carefully select, acquire, and improve operationally companies with value potential in the mobility industry.
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/berylls-strategy-advisors-highlights-critical-areas-for-successful-ev-launches-301437975.html
SOURCE Berylls Strategy Advisors
Disclaimer: The above press release comes to you under an arrangement with PR Newswire. Agrigate Global takes no editorial responsibility for the same.